Saturday, December 29, 2007

To Starish...Whom I never Knew

In a place like this, where blues fuse with crystal meth and tongues touch to kill with a caress, I am a derelict living out my own American dream.
Where accidents are intended. A town of latent phantoms. They come out when dragged out. We didn’t succeed though.
Tried dragging by the neck, a counterfeit life. Ended on a pithy string, a sodden slave to the ubiquitous urban ennui.
So now, I am standing by a full bar with an empty heart.
I am told, she will come back when pleases.
To assault us all, when she pleases.
Till then, moonlight and darkness can tango in unison, upon naked rooftops.
Dowsed in night sweat mixed with tequila and praying for single-mindedly lethal dances to evoke her spirit.
Show us your face or reveal what you’re made of.
In my burnt mind, I carry a kirilian frame.
Voltages shooting through a somnolent body, leaving in ink an uncommon name.
And then a smiling masochist’s head kisses the pistol
So much for Russian roulette
Though this had been a long and scorching wait
To discern my own fate
And that…its not with You

No comments: