Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Shredded Mushroom and Chillies

..is what my omelette contained. What it didn't contain include tomatoes, cheese and bacon. On that subject, don't you completely adore that unevenly soft and velvety texture of raw mushrooms? Tantalising. If a certain crpyptically analytical feminist were to be here, she'd allege latent lesbianism and link it to my food choices. Whats latent 'huh?

I discovered that being alone and lonely are similar but not the same feelings. A night-full of silence, disrupted only by the occasional sibilance of the cold wind and nocturnal congress of a multitude of crickets, is perhaps the best anecdote for a day's worth of polysyllablic rumblings. Instead of fermenting in the the decrepitude of unmentionable events I chose to read occassional bits of Kafka, eat banana fritters and inhale a lot of steam(clogged nostrils/sinus complications et al).

Work is tedious as usual. As a language trainer my minmium requirement from the trainees is that they be aware of what "language" is before they step into my batch. Alas, thats one requirement too many.
"What hell's can I do you for?"
"Avoid cuss words, its impolite and I suspect the word order isn't exactly accurate."
"But, Madam, I am only asking the question they asked me to ask."
Errrfffmmmppph
"Ah...you mean what else can I do for you?".
"Thats what I said, no. What hell's can I do you for?"
Nevermind.

From professional suffocation my respite for the day was a horrendously gossipy internet session with an ex-colleague who reluctantly but surely gave me the skinny on the kids from my previous organization. Apparently swapping spouses is no longer the sole domain of Hollywood echeleons, middle class Mumbai is catching up. I am convinced am meant to write a distasteful but money-spinning memoir very soon. The controversies are incredulous and so entirely pen-worthy.

Detail will be divulged. In a bit.

No comments: